Software Developer (Unity) - Live Ops
Toronto, Ontario, Canada .
full-time . October 25, 2021
At Game Hive, we commit to building gaming experiences for everyone to enjoy - all while having a lot of fun doing it. We’re looking for Software Developers with a specialization in Unity front-end system, to help continue our Sword Master’s adventure in Tap Titans 2 (live operations team). This game has over 10 million installs and is the place for hundreds of thousands of active players who have formed clans and communities committed to tapping away, every day. We, and our Sword Master, are looking for support to continue their adventure!
Could this be you?
In this role, you will be doing everything from building, implementing and releasing in-game features — to monitoring and enhancing client systems, art pipelines and tools.
The Hero Profile (Responsibilities)
You will be working closely and cross-functionally with a team of engineers, game designers, artists, involved with every aspect of product development.
Some bite-sized bullet points of the what you’ll be doing:
- You will design, implement, maintain, test and debug game features and code
- You will take part in the technical design and implementation of user-facing features and maintain a high-quality standard throughout the development cycle
- You will maintain and optimize new and existing game features
- You will investigate and resolve issues with the QA team
- You will deliver high-quality and well-structured code
- You will be continuously sharing knowledge and helping colleagues
Max Level Skills (Requirements)
Are you passionate? Looking to make an impact in a known and growing community?
At Game Hive, programming experience and dedication for gaming, as well as the willingness to share great ideas are all equally valued.
Other qualities we’re looking for in our developers include:
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field; or an equivalent from a university
- Proven experience working in the Unity engine, with a portfolio to showcase your work
- Excellent C# programming skills — at least 2+ years of working experience
- Experience working in the Unity engine
- Passion for game development!
- High sense of quality and polish
- Capability of taking a technical responsibility for a product or project
Bonus Points (good-to-have, but not required):
- Familiarity with Tap Titans 2 is absolutely an asset
- Links to personal projects/games you’ve developed
- Professional experience in Android or iOS development
- Experience as a developer in the gaming industry
- Experience working with content pipelines
- Experience with multi-player technology
- Experience in working with memory/performance critical applications
What it means to be a part of the Hive.
Game Hive is proud to be Great Place to Work-Certified and in the last year alone, were recognized in the lists: Best Workplace in Technology, Best Workplaces for Today’s Youth and Best Workplaces in Ontario. Connect with us, and find out why!
We are people-first. So we provide our people the best support and strive to make our workplace truly one-of-a-kind. We have an epic team, with pretty cool perks to boot.
- Valued ideas & input: you will be frequently asked to take charge in your projects and you will see your ideas come to life.
- Receive a competitive salary and growth structure
- Receive a comprehensive health and dental spend, ready for you on Day 1
- An education spend, ready for you on Day 1. We want you to always be learning!
- Gain experience using top-quality marketing and design resources.
- Work in a fun, collaborative, feedback-focused, no-BS environment.
- We’ve adapted and we’re remote (for now), but the fun certainly doesn’t stop - we still have regular paid team lunches, contests and challenges, themed happy hours, dozens of fun slack channels… that’s just to name a few. And we’ll adapt to office-life when the time comes, which involves:
- Working in a central office location with spectacular food and all the (healthy, and not-so healthy) snacks & drinks you can consume. And a dedicated game room, of course!
Our Future of Work
Game Hive is currently full-remote, as we put the health and safety of our team as the first priority. That said, our intention is to adopt a hybrid model once we feel 100% safe to do so. However, we welcome all talent to apply — if you feel that this role and Game Hive is the perfect fit for you, we ask you to still get in touch! We want to hear from you, as we prioritize passion, potential and a 'values-fit' in our team.
Join the Hive
Send us your resume and cover letter, and let us know why you’re passionate about this industry. Please include links to any shipped titles or projects that you have worked on as well.
Game Hive puts heavy value in diversity and inclusion and encourages all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please make it clear within your cover letter. We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.
Founded in 2009, Game Hive is a leading developer of mobile games for iOS and Android, with more than 120 million total downloads to date. We are passionate about making fun and rewarding games for everyone to enjoy. Our most popular games include the Tap Titans and Beat the Boss series, as well as our latest release in 2020, Battle Bouncers.