Game Hive is building a new generation of casual games in the increasingly mobile world. At Game Hive we look towards innovation and invention to disrupt the mobile game industry and create games that can be enjoyed by all. We’re focused on making epic games with an epic team. From conception and planning to programming and animation, we pride ourselves in creating addictive, fun games within our tight-knit Hive!
And guess what? We’re serious about growing!
The Hero Profile
We are looking for a Data Analyst who loves to dive deep into the complexities of data to extract impactful business insights. You have a creative outlet to present beautiful visualizations and a passion for data science and analytics.
Our type of Data Analyst is one who can tell stories from data. You can pull insights and paint a picture for the different teams at Game Hive, and explain numbers in a tangible and impactful way.
What you’ll be doing
You will be responsible for maintaining and developing dashboards across multiple functions - are you ready to advance analytics at Game Hive?
- Build fully functional and visually appealing dashboards and other data visualizations using key business metrics and KPIs
- Identify trends and behaviors using evidence from key business metrics and provide actionable insights
- Write complex queries in a logical and organized manner to improve existing data analytical platforms
- Conduct, present and explain statistical analyses in a clear and concise manner that will directly impact executive decisions
- Perform ongoing QA and debugging of analytical platforms by working with key stakeholders
- Support the Data Scientists to continuously improve and enhance performance of business analytical platforms
- Proactively influence and assist in building a core foundation of data science and data analytics at Game Hive
What we’re looking for
Essential skills and qualifications:
You are a team player with a highly positive attitude. You have a high aptitude for business and data analysis and you are keen on driving insights. Most of all, you love playing games!
- Experience and strong SQL skills and general database knowledge
- Experience using Python to analyze and handle complex datasets from various different sources
- A strong understanding of reporting data integrity and accuracy
- Bachelor’s Degree in a highly quantitative field (Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Economics, Finance) or related analytical fields
- 1 - 3 years of professional working experience in data science or business analytics
- Experience and strong proficiency in Tableau (table calculations, action filtering, dashboard design, visualization, and knowledge of best practices)
- A strong attention to detail - nothing gets away on your watch!
- Ability to be an effective communicator by presenting, explaining and simplifying technical concepts
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Willingness to approach analytical challenges in a positive way
- Aptitude and willingness to learn new technologies for furthering data science and analytics at Game Hive
Plusses - good to have, but not required
- Experience with developing ETL procedures
- Exposure to different open source BI tools (Streamlit, Shiny, etc.)
- Experience with one or more (statistical) programming languages (R, Julia, etc.)
- A breadth of knowledge of statistical analysis and techniques (sampling, time series, regression)
- Familiarity with free-to-play game design concepts and industry-standard KPIs used to measure game performance
- Knowledge of mobile app advertising and online marketing
What it means to be a part of the Hive.
Game Hive is proud to be Great Place to Work-Certified and in the last year alone, were recognized in the lists: Best Workplace in Technology, Best Workplaces for Today’s Youth and Best Workplaces in Ontario. Connect with us, and find out why!
We are people-first. So we provide our people the best support and strive to make our workplace truly one-of-a-kind. We have an epic team, with pretty cool perks to boot.
- Valued ideas & input: you will be frequently asked to take charge in your projects and you will see your ideas come to life.
- Receive a competitive salary and growth structure
- Receive a comprehensive health and dental spend, ready for you on Day 1
- An education spend, ready for you on Day 1. We want you to always be learning!
- Gain experience using top-quality marketing and design resources.
- Work in a fun, collaborative, feedback-focused, no-BS environment.
- We’ve adapted and we’re remote (for now), but the fun certainly doesn’t stop - we still have regular paid team lunches, contests and challenges, themed happy hours, dozens of fun slack channels… that’s just to name a few. And we’ll adapt to office-life when the time comes, which involves:
- Working in a central office location with spectacular food and all the (healthy, and not-so healthy) snacks & drinks you can consume. And a dedicated game room, of course!
Join the Hive
Get with us! Send us the following to apply:
- Your resume and cover letter in PDF format
- Any links to previous projects you were a part of, and want to show off!
Game Hive puts heavy value in diversity and inclusion and encourages all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please make it clear within your cover letter. We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.
Founded in 2009, Game Hive is a leading developer of mobile games for iOS and Android, with more than 120 million total downloads to date. We are passionate about making fun and rewarding games for everyone to enjoy. Our most popular games include the Tap Titans and Beat the Boss series, as well as our latest release in 2020, Battle Bouncers.