The Hero Profile (Role)
We’re on the hunt for a Social Media Manager, who knows the current trends in social media, but also is unafraid of innovating on them.
As part of our growth and marketing department, the Social Media Manager at Game Hive is heavily involved in leading social media engagement across all our major platforms, capturing the voice, brand and essence of Game Hive and our exciting products.
The Social Media Manager works closely with our Creative Director to not only strategize, publish and own social media campaigns — but also produce and create.
This is an opportunity to take ownership, push your creative limits, and produce content and campaigns to be truly proud of. Do you have the magic to create viral content? Are you a creative person that always thinks outside the box and is willing to break traditions? Are you looking for your next adventure? Then this role is calling out for you!
What you’ll be doing
The Social Media Manager is responsible for all things social media at Game Hive. You will be:
- Overseeing day-to-day delivery of social content campaigns, ensuring brand consistency.
- Creating the social media strategy and tactics while also executing the campaigns for a portfolio of our games: from the planning to execution to measuring KPIs and testing different campaigns - you want to do it all.
- Creating content! You thrive on creativity and live and breathe memes. This is your passion and you want to create content for games you believe in.
- Owning and executing the social media editorial content calendar on a monthly basis.
- Creating actionable plans to grow our following on different platforms (i.e. Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Tiktok).
- Responsible for campaign setup, execution, reporting and optimization to drive KPIs, in alignment with our marketing objectives.
- Always anticipating - anticipating new trends, new memes… you have a pulse on digital and social marketing innovation and want to be an early adopter.
- Researching and identifying new trends and keeping the team informed about new opportunities.
What we’re looking for
Essential skills and qualifications include:
- 1 - 4 years of social media management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, public relations or related field
- Proficient using multi-social posting tools such as Hootsuite
- Experience and familiarity with the major social media networks: Facebook, TikTok, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube
- Outstanding communication and fluency in English
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office and G Suite
- Passionate about social media! You understand the power of social media and love the creativity that comes with it.
- Always thinking of ways to change the norm — to put a spin on things and look towards innovation.
- An excellent communicator. Written and verbal, you know how to engage whoever you’re speaking to.
BONUS POINTS (Good to have, but not required):
- Experience with graphic and visual design, using software such as Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator
- Knowledgeable and experienced with video-editing software such as Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut, etc.
- An interest in games is, of course, a plus!
What it means to be a part of the Hive.
Game Hive is proud to be Great Place to Work-Certified and in the last year alone, were recognized in the lists: Best Workplace in Technology, Best Workplaces for Today’s Youth and Best Workplaces in Ontario. Connect with us, and find out why!
We are people-first. So we provide our people the best support and strive to make our workplace truly one-of-a-kind. We have an epic team, with pretty cool perks to boot.
- Valued ideas & input: you will be frequently asked to take charge in your projects and you will see your ideas come to life.
- Receive a competitive salary and growth structure
- Receive a comprehensive health and dental spend, ready for you on Day 1
- An education spend, ready for you on Day 1. We want you to always be learning!
- Gain experience using top-quality marketing and design resources.
- Work in a fun, collaborative, feedback-focused, no-BS environment.
- We’ve adapted and we’re remote (for now), but the fun certainly doesn’t stop - we still have regular paid team lunches, contests and challenges, themed happy hours, dozens of fun slack channels… that’s just to name a few. And we’ll adapt to office-life when the time comes, which involves:
- Working in a central office location with spectacular food and all the (healthy, and not-so healthy) snacks & drinks you can consume. And a dedicated game room, of course!
Join the Hive
Get with us! Send us the following to apply:
- Your resume in PDF format
- A link to your portfolio demonstrating the social media accounts and campaigns you have owned, OR, links to your own social media accounts.
Game Hive puts heavy value in diversity and inclusion and encourages all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please make it clear within your cover letter. We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.
Founded in 2009, Game Hive is a leading developer of mobile games for iOS and Android, with more than 120 million total downloads to date. We are passionate about making fun and rewarding games for everyone to enjoy. Our most popular games include the Tap Titans and Beat the Boss series, as well as our latest release in 2020, Battle Bouncers.